Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I get into a car accident?

Always call 911 first. Your safety is always the most important thing and the police will assist if there are any serious injuries by contacting emergency medical services and documenting what occurred by creating a police report for the accident.

Can I hire Cernitz Law if I was at fault for the accident?

Unfortunately you cannot. We can only represent and assist those that were injured in an accident that were not at fault for the accident.

Should I seek medical treatment immediately after the accident?

It is always best for your own health to be assessed by a medical professional right after an accident. Depending on the severity of the injuries, some will seek care from the Emergency Room at a hospital or visit with a local urgent care center. Sometimes you may not feel pain right away, but that could be the shock or adrenaline that has kicked in during the accident and the pain comes days later. Plus you cannot assess on your own if you have any internal injuries. The best practice is to seek medical attention right away!!!!

Is it recommended to file a personal injury claim without a lawyer?

It is not recommended. Studies have shown that insureds who are not represented by an attorney, tend to recover less from the insurance companies for their injuries. Call Cernitz Law now to protect your rights against the insurance companies.

What happens if the at fault driver does not have insurance coverage?

Hopefully, you purchased Uninsured Motorist Coverage through your own policy of insurance so you can pursue damages from your own insurance, should the at fault driver not have insurance coverage.

Why should I contact Cernitz Law?

Cernitz Law has an extensive knowledge in representing persons involved in car accident. The attorneys at Cernitz Law will walk you through the process and always advise you in.

What information should I have Ready for Cernitz Law when I call?

Please have a copy of your drivers license, accident report (if available) automobile insurance card and any photos of the collision. The intake staff at Cernitz Law will assist you with getting all the information we need.