Personal Injury Lawyers in Miami
Aggressive & Experienced Guidance for the Wrongfully Injured
If you have sustained a serious injury as a result of another person’s negligence, carelessness, or reckless act, it is not fair for you to be financially responsible for your losses. Under Florida law, you are entitled to pursue a claim against the person or entity responsible for causing your injury within four years of the incident. At Cernitz Law, our Miami personal injury attorneys have established a reputation as highly effective litigators in the Miami area and across South Florida. We have won numerous personal injury settlements and verdicts for individuals who have been wrongfully injured as well as the surviving family members in wrongful death claims. You can trust our team to fight for your right to fair and just compensation.
Handling a Wide Range of Personal Injury Claims
At Cernitz Law, our extensive experience and dedication allows us to effectively handle claims involving:
- ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dangerous narcotics and medical devices
- Defective products, devices, machinery, or equipment
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip, trip and fall and other premises accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Worker’s compensation claims
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
Trusted Experience Representing All Types of Injuries
Our trial lawyers have experience and a record of success in obtaining impressive awards for:
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Nerve injuries
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Injuries to ligaments and tendons
- Burn injuries
- Facial injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Psychological injuries (PTSD, etc.)
- Birth injuries
- Drownings and near drownings
- Wrongful death
Compensation for Florida Personal Injury Cases
Florida personal injury and wrongful death laws are intricate and complex. In order to obtain fair compensation for your losses, it is essential that you hire an experienced personal injury law firm to represent you. Do not speak to an insurance adjuster or sign any authorizations or documents unless your lawyer instructs you to do so. It could compromise your case and harm your opportunity to receive adequate compensation.
The damages you are entitled to claim against the person who injured you fall into two categories:
- Economic damages: Economic damages cover any monetary costs directly associated with your injury. This category includes compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, ongoing treatment and medication, and any out-of-pocket expenses associated with your injuries.
- Non-economic damages: Non-economic damages are losses that are intangible but assigned a monetary value in order to help the victim better seek treatment and other resources necessary for recovery. While specific to each unique victim, these may include pain and suffering, emotional and psychological damage, loss of enjoyment of life, damage to relationships, disfigurement, disability, loss of sexual function, and other such losses.
Another potential category of damages is punitive damages, which are only awarded in rare cases. Punitive damages are meant to punish extremely egregious behavior or reckless disregard for the safety of others.